Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I'm Drinking Irn-Bru and I'm Thinking of You...

...you've got the sunshine in your eyes. Well, you know what I'm talking about. And me who thought Irn-Bru was a beer. It's actually a Scottish soft drink. Tastes like what we call sockerdricka in Sweden, only it's light brown. It's very sweet, so that's what makes the metaphor good. It's no good if people associate you with the taste of beer (which is usually bitter as you may know). Anyway, I miss you all and I think about some of you every now and then. What's happening in Sweden? I'm going to see The Felt Tips this week. You should check them out on MySpace!

I went to Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum the other day, can't believe the place's been closed for three years! And I can't imagine how people must have missed Sir Gordon the Elephant. No, seriously, there were a lot of great artworks. I discovered a new love, a Scotsman called Pringle who did the most amazing oils in the early 20th century. He was an optician and obviously affected by pointillists like Seurat. You can see a detail of one below, it's not him though. The Scottish Colorists were fab as well. Not to speak of the work by The Four displayed there. There's a Mackintosh festival just now, so there's a lot more to see in that area.

Oh by the way, it's ok to order the Budgies live cd now. I just sent of the first two yesterday!

No comments: