Friday, January 19, 2007

Just Another Snowy Day

We went to see Vashti Bunyan the other day at ABC, and it felt good to finally see her because I've missed several opportunities to do so before. Well, it wasn't just Vashti. It was called The 0 Degrees of Separation Tour and it was a collaboration between her, Adem, Juana Molina, Vetiver and quite a few other musicians. All in all there where eleven people on stage sometimes. They played a few songs each and Vashti's were the ones that left the biggest impression on me. And it was fantastic to hear a few of the old songs, like "Diamond Day" and "I'd Like to Walk Around In Your Mind". Juana played a few songs all on her own, looping lots of guitar, vocals and keybords and maybe she came across as the most talented of the bunch. Indeed it sounded much better than I remember her records doing, which I like as well. I'm looking forward to seeing The Decemberists and The Earlies there further on. As we went home, what I think is this winter's first snow started to fall. And it snowed some more yesterday, but it had all melted away by dusk. Is that the best they can do?

No comments: