Sunday, March 18, 2007

DROP 46

Here is the second and last instalment of Spring Rain. As before please read from 42 upwards. I've noticed that "Stop the Rain" by The Suede Crocodiles is by far the most popular DROP I've posted. I do wonder why, but I guess it is as it should be.

Sometimes people forget that Razorcuts actually recorded more songs than are on the Matinée reissues. I'm not going to go on about "Snowbirds Don't Fly" again but on their first album, called Storyteller (Creation 1987), there are two songs that were not on R Is For...Razorcuts or the following ep. Of course Jimmy couldn't include all their songs, and "Silhouette" and "Sky High" are not really among their best songs. There's no such thing as a second-rate Razorcuts songs though, and they should all be heard and treasured. Here is "Sky High" - track four on the lp for completists. I would just like to alert you to the fact that sometime Razorcuts lead guitarist Angus Stevenson is now in The Relationships with members of another of my favourite bands: The Anyways. But maybe you know them already cause they've already done two records. It escapes my how they could have passed my by so long! I mean, their first ep was on Twee Kitten! Well, more about them later, this is a Razorcuts post.
DROP 46

No comments: