Monday, April 23, 2007

DROP 54

"I shot you with my camera, weren't you making love with him?" I wanted to write something about "Eight Pictures" by The Go-Betweens, because it's one of their best songs but I came up with this instead. The only kind of rain I can say I enjoy is a gentle spring drizzle, like what we've had in Glasgow today. You know, when you don't REALLY get wet! So I thought, what better song to give you than Souvenir's cover of the Go-Be's "Spring Rain"? It quite faithful to the original - only it's in French. It's from that classic first Souvenir album that Shelflife put out. It's sold out, so that's why I'm giving you it, but you can still get the Spanish issue I think. Souvenir released a new album earlier this year, and I played a track off of that on the show a few weeks ago, but this one's from the time when they'd only just started experimenting with electronics and were still doing that jangling pop thing, with a few traces of country and 60's French chanson.

DROP 54
Souvenir - Spring Rain

No comments: