Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I'll Take Him to the Place Where He'll Be Kissing Me

Language of Flowers' "Botanic Gardens" probably isn't about the botanics in Glasgow, but it is a good place to take someone you love nevertheless. I put on Songs About You for the first time in ages today and I remebered that is still one of the best albums made. And I remebered how nice it was to meet Tara, Colm, Marc, Ben and Ashton last year! Anyway, I went up to the Botanic Gardens today with the Boy With the Arab Strap album in my ear-phones... because it's spring (and because I talked about the gardens with a course-mate earlier today). I suddenly got that very special 'spring feeling' you know? I can't remember feeling that in years, not since I was in school. And certainly not here in Glasgow. You know, when it feels warm outside, even though it's quite chilly? I can see where the inspiration for songs like "Is It Wicked Not to Care?" comes now. I also went there to check out the recently restored Kibble Palace (big white glass house they've been working on for years I think). It had lots of plants in it. This is what it looks like from the inside, reflected on the surface of the fish pond (and turned upside down).

No comments: